PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Comet and Trident at Wroughton
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2019, 13:32
RetiredBA/BY

Received 45 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by RetiredBA/BY
I have sent the enclosed letter to Matt Moore, Ian Blatchford the Director and Jonathan Newby the COO. I will keep you posted on any reply.

Dear Mr Moore,

The situation at Wroughton re the three aircraft you are trying to dispose of is being discussed on the professional pilot forum.

I have enclosed three typical examples.

Would you please respond to the aviation journalist. Would you please advise us why, as the manager at Wroughton, funded by we taxpayers, you did not bother to reply to the letter. The public has right to expect professional and courteous responses. A response from Robert James and Will Stanley is also expected. Your reply, or lack of it, will be posted on the public forum .

Yours faithfully,
Well here we are 5 weeks after I wrote to Moore and copied in his boss, Ian Blatchford. As usual the Science Museum people have not bothered to respond, they really are the most arrogant of people, arrogance matched only by their incompetence and disinterst so far as aviation is concerned.

I have just returned from Moscow, where I was a guest of our Defence Attache who took me to a couple of aviation museums. What I found in the (superb) aerospace hall in the Moscow nations park,was that where guides could speak English they were only too pleased to discuss, with great pride and enthusiasm, those exhibits in their care, even inviting me to sit in a seat used on a Soyuz mission. Now, try finding anyone in the Aviation Hall at Kensington,who has the slightest knowledge of, or interest in, their exhibits !!

The handling of our aviation heritage in the care of the Science Museum is a national disgrace, something I would be delighted to elaborate on and explain to any forum.

In comparison the STEM marquee at RIAT was brilliant, with many passionate , enthusiastic hosts from major companies and universities, trying to get my grandson away was an uphill struggle !

Last edited by RetiredBA/BY; 28th Jul 2019 at 14:53.