PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 28th Jul 2019, 03:30
wonkazoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by boofhead
Pilotmike: Have you got anything that refutes what I said? Any factual errors in my piece? You disagree that we need to do more with pilot training and with airline company emphasis on training and checking? With the need to include aspects of loss of control in the training? Otherwise your comment is obviously ad hominem.
No boofhead, you've got it completely backwards. I'm going to go out on a limb here and speak for PilotMike and others: Our issue is that you are taking substantially incomplete information and coming to a definitive conclusion about a complex series of events that resulted in the deaths of many people. Not only are you coming to a conclusion prematurely you are placing the blame/responsibility squarely on those who are not here to defend themselves, which is precisely why waiting until the facts have been released to make such judgments is not only critical, it is the only decent thing to do. Finally, you are making these declarative judgments about actual now-deceased individuals and their performance not in a thread about pilot performance, training or whatever you want, but in a thread about the eventual (??) return of the 737 MAX and the impact of the FAA's review of their own certification process that led to the disaster in the first place.

Posting an off-topic post (or a dozen) is just rude. Flaying the dead before the facts have been fully revealed is pure cruelty.

My .02 as always, and thankfully I'm headed to a far away place where it is entirely possible I will be deprived of having to respond to posts like these. Lucky me!!

Cheers all-
dce