PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HOW TO FLY?
Thread: HOW TO FLY?
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2019, 12:46
Manwell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged
WTF???????

This idea has no place whatsoever in, on or around any aircraft or indeed aviation and would most likely have anyone with even a modicum of intelligence running very quickly in the opposite direction!

Sounds like a YouTube video in the making..... a dumb idea!
Thanks for the advice Atlas. To be honest I really didn't expect much enthusiasm for the idea from instructors and examiners, most of whom wouldn't have the faintest idea about flying, but have been thoroughly convinced they know more than anyone else. Your response has confirmed that intuitive expectation better than even I imagined.

Your comment ",,,,, anyone with even a modicum of intelligence running very quickly in the opposite direction" refers not to intelligence, but foolish pride, something most instructors and examiners possess in ample supply.

BTW, if you're such a fan of the book that you thought using it would elevate you to the same level as Ayn Rand, then I have some bad news for you. It's not that intelligent. It does have some good bits, but the overall message is either innocently misguided, or worse - intentionally corrosive. "Fate is the Hunter" would have been a far wiser choice.