PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Standby time
Thread: Standby time
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2019, 19:29
Journey Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Northern Highflyer
small company doing ad hoc charter work... I'm not totally au fait with FTLs but does anyone know what the rules are with regard to this situation?
I would suggest you will be on available duty days when not assigned flights, which should be where you can be advised of a duty ten or more hours ahead. I'll wager the operator will treat these days as actual standby, without recording this as duty or giving you a start or finish time.

Work/Life balance? The operator will take the view you've not been called out or affected, so your life hasn't been affected... which is true if your life involves not doing anything very far from home and always having your phone on you, ready to go. You will be able to have a glass of wine with dinner only on the first day of a block of two days off as having a glass of wine at any other time, whilst not knowing when you may be on this pseudo-"available" standby duty, means you'll probably violate the operator's alcohol policy. I'd find out what sort of muster period the operator expects as that will determine