PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southend-2
Thread: Southend-2
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2019, 16:03
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes indeed mikkie that must have come as a bitter disappointment to some of the Bedfordshire brotherhood.
Still trying to work out who that comment was aimed at so let me spell out my position regarding SEN so there are no doubts.

It doesn't bother me if Southend handles 1,2, 5 or 10 million passengers. What happens at Southend has no effect on other London Airports so good luck in their efforts to expand. If I think passengers are getting a raw deal, are being mistreated, are being bumped, are stuck in long queues or that Stobart is telling porkies I will say something that a few here conceive as a negative comment although looking back on old posts I am struggling to find any. This is no different than my comments about LTN except I am either ignored on that thread or people know I want to see a better LTN just like I want to see a better SEN. OK, is that clear.

On the other hand we have a majority here who see success as purely a head count, number of routes and airline visits. I like to look at the bigger picture, sorry if that offends.

So Luton has 17.355 million passengers and Southend around 1.5 million passengers. So which is the better airport and why? Go figure!

Last edited by LTNman; 26th Jul 2019 at 18:23.