PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shoreham Airshow Crash Trial
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2019, 12:38
Treble one

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your informative post Airsound. I still remain in the belief that AH should let this lie.

He has answered his charges in court, he has been acquitted fair and square under the 'beyond reasonable doubt' requirement. I personally think his legal team played a blinder by introducing CI as a possible reason that the accident occurred, knowing that the prosecution were unable to prove it had, or hadn't.

Whether someome considers that this 'new evidence' (i.e. he MAY have suffered CI-remember there is no way to prove he did) is enough to reopen the AAIB report, then I don't know.

Perhaps though letting sleeping dogs lie wont necessitate questions like 'when did this potential CI incident occur'

Was it before he was too slow and too low entering the manoeuvre?
Was it before he failed to rech his gate height?
Was it before he failed to recognise this and failed to abandon the manoeuvre?
Or was it just before his jet hit the ground (whilst he appeared to be pulling for all he was worth)?

I have no axe to grind with Mr Hill. I know no-one affected either directly or indirectly with the incident. I'm not a pilot, (I do have a degree in biology). To me there seems to have been a lot of holes in a lot of cheeses lining up at the most unfortunate of times to come to the conclusion that CI was a potential causal factor in this accident, in a pilot who had not shown any signs or symptoms of such an in a long military, civilian and display flying career. he has also, of course, been through considerable physical and mental trauma due to this whole incident.

So thats why I'd move on.