PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Annoying advertising
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2019, 23:53
jimjim1

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I have used ad blockers for over 10 years. I did resist since I thought that the sites needed the revenue, however the mad ads that reduced the computer to uselessness forced my hand.

On a PC I use uBlock Origin. NOTE there are various apparently ublock... offerings. ONLY use uBLOCK ORIGIN. Ghostery is getting VERY good reviews.

Phones/tablets/iPads are more difficult since browser extensions have less access to the system.

I used the Opera browser on my Android phone for a few years since it offered an integrated ad blocker. I am now mostly on Firefox + the uBlock Origin extension. Superfast.

I have no significant experience of iPhones/Pads but after 10 mins googling I would try Adblock Plus for the Apple Safari browser and/or the Ghostery browser, or perhaps Opera.

I used Adblock Plus for years with no issues.

Be aware that blockers of any kind could interfere with your on-line banking or other financial transactions. Most blockers have an easy way of turning off blocking per site. Or use a different unblocked browser for such work. I have had few, but perhaps not zero, problems.

Last edited by jimjim1; 26th Jul 2019 at 00:15.