PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Freighter S/O
Thread: Freighter S/O
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2019, 15:13
Sam Ting Wong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dog,

so you think an "O" is not an off day? Seriously? So a day off work doesn't count because in theory the company could have used you? I would never count reserve, but not to count an O day is ridiculous.

I flew maybe 600 hours last 12 months and yes, for sure, 14 days off on average PLUS leave ( including "O" days). I can't even remember when I had a 10 day trip, maybe once a year? I also did not claim you don't get sometimes a 10 day trip. I said on average I have 14 days off.

I am HKG based, so maybe overseas-based guys fly more? If you don't believe me, go to the hub, master roster and count the days. I invite everybody else to do the same. I just checked the first five ( excluding the management pilot) and I count an average 17 days in August. It is there for you to check, black on white.

I do believe the 747 is getting the most consecutive days off, but to be honest I did not evaluate that in depth. I believe it is the case, but I don't care much about other fleets. If indeed others get even more, fine, good on them, and I give you that point.

At the moment means at the moment. As we speak, 747 SO's get ALL transferred to other fleets. I did not say this was the case in the past, I just didn't.

I also make it very clear that I have no clue whatsoever about the future in that regard.

PS What do you think does the O in O day stand for?

PSS You don't have to share my opinion, but don't accuse me of giving false information. That job is been taken.

Last edited by Sam Ting Wong; 25th Jul 2019 at 15:58.