PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast City Airport-2
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2019, 12:18
escaped.atco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Husky One
There are noise procedures in place for night arrivals (and departures) in BFS. It isn’t difficult for a modern jet to arrive using minimum thrust if you let the crew get on with it. That entails letting them control the speed and minimising the use of speed brakes.
In an ideal world, that's what would happen. In that case I would have thought something around 6000ft over the city giving approximately 20 plus miles from touchdown runway 25 would be sufficient for a CDA. However, the reality is there are jets over the city centre late night and early morning which are at best level at 3000ft and in most cases descending. I would have thought 3000ft over Belfast with idle power, still downwind, would end up with a touchdown point before Templepatrick? The examples I have seen are arrivals from the south west passing Lisburn in a steady descent, they seem to fly directly towards the HB and level off, then turn north west to pass east of Glengormley before establishing on long final runway 25.