PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2019, 12:02
fluroredbubbles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RAAF Pilot

Hey all,

I'm 16 years old and currently in year 10 with a very strong desire to one day join the RAAF as a pilot, I've done a lot of research and can only think of this career going ahead, and have been doing so for quite some time now. I only have a few questions.

Next year, i'm studying general math and english with average scores (60 - 70%) with physics, psychology and legal studies and thinking about getting a cert 2 in a trade of some sort (mechanical engineering, automotive etc) the certificate is connected with school and basically counts as a subject, meaning I graduate with an ATAR and a certificate in a trade. I'm only thinking of doing a trade with school as it's just an added bonus with an ATAR, and all my brothers wish they had of done it.

I'm thinking of applying as soon as I finish school as a direct entry to a pilot although I can do it as early as 16 years and 6 months, being a pilot is my main focus, nothing else. I've done work experience up at RAAF Base Sale, volunteer as a lifesaver every summer, participate in multiple team sports and work as a basketball referee and part time at a chemist delivering medicine. I have no experience flying although I'm thinking of taking 1 normal flight lesson and then a few aerobatic flights, as a RPL is too expensive for me.

Is there anything I should consider changing?

I'm completely open to answering any questions and suggestions, such as getting experience in a specific workplace etc, just trying to get as much help as possible.

Thanks for your time and again i'm open to all responses