PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Looking for a flight in something interesting!
Old 25th Jul 2019, 10:42
134brat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Brutha
Hi All,

I’m not quite sure if this is the right place to ask this - @mods, please feel free to move if not!

In the past I’ve been up in a Tiger Moth and Harvard from Duxford, both of which I enjoyed a lot. I fancy trying something a bit more exciting (and with some kind of historic / nostalgic / warbird link ideally, hence my posting here).

I’ve been looking at the Spitfire flights, and they are tempting! Just not sure about the fact it was never designed as a two seater, and it won’t be that authentic from that side of things. I’ve seen some websites offering Jet Provost flights, and that seemed quite interesting, but the websites seem to be a bit out of date, so not sure if they are still going.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Ideally I’m looking for something on Saturday 24th August that could be done as a day trip from London, but could sort out another trip at a later date.

Thanks for any thoughts!

Cheers

Brutha
How about a floatplane trip in the highlands of Scotland? Have a look online at Scotland on floats. Weather is a major issue but this summer has been ideal so far.