PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2019, 00:27
cyflyer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Ok, here we are again. Been digging deeper, and here's some answers to some of the questions, I think.
re: 2ARC
He's sent to 2 Aircrew Reception Centre (Rabat Sale, Morocco) Mediterranean Allied Air Forces wef 8/5/44, and the very next day he is at 1 BPD Hussein and Fort de l'Eau (Algeria). A quick turnaround indeed,
Whilst browsing the '1 BPD' files, I noticed the following page and reference, the opening of the 'Airmens Rest Camp' as part of the 1 BPD. Do you think this is '2ARC' ?

Re the why the reduction in rank in 1942, he was Court Marshalled in 28 January 1942, for 'low flying' , punishment 'severe reprimand', would it take until July for the busting in rank ? I found the general court listings but haven't found his actual charge sheet yet to see the details. His RAF offence code is given as 39A2B 40, but don't know what that means.

As to my wondering why he was at 9EFTS for almost a year, I can confirm that he was indeed there for that period because in May of 1942 , while at 9EFTS, there is reference to him having 'force landed' at B...... can anyone make out that location ?

EFTS would take approximately 6 weeks, and then they would be awarded their wings, true ? Is it possible that pilots would be retained to carry on teaching at the EFTS ? I thought they went through SFTS before being re-directed to instructing duties.