PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canadian jet fighter purchase when?
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2019, 17:50
yyzflightpath

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What direction do you think properly suits Canada's needs? The expensive F-35 fighter bomber from Lockheed? F-18's from Boeing which just torpedoed Bombardier aerospace alongside the US government? Or technologically inferior and less-compatible options like the Gripen or Eurofighter? There simply is no good option on the market right now for Canada. I think the apparent plan to cobble together whatever parts are required through used purchases at least through 2022 is likely prudent. If you think otherwise I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

PS grizzled: A bombardier equivalent based anywhere else in Canada would also consistently be in the running for large Canadian transportation contracts. There simply is not any equivalent transportation and aerospace company in Canada. I loath this petty and simple minded regionalism where we hope for our countrymen to fail, generally to the benefit of foreign corporations. Plenty of other companies in our country, and around the world receive large subsidies and tax benefits to keep them competitive. There is no reason to slag off Quebec companies just because you don't like the province or you think somehow all the politicians in Canada only work for Quebec votes.