PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Freighter S/O
Thread: Freighter S/O
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2019, 15:25
Slasher1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Roy De Kantzow
I think the vitriol and nonsense posted on this forum closely rivals Mumsnet for the title of most ridiculous forum on the internet.Capt. Underpants – you moan and complain, yet you still presumably work at CX. Deterring new joiners WILL NOT improve your COS or general working situation. COS 18 is undeniably poor, in comparison to A and B scales, but in the world market, it is still better than many, many opportunities available to low hour pilots.
Although there may be some cynical tone (due to the multitudes of warnings yet still Pollyannas trying to rationalize making a bad choice), I think in many cases there is a genuine well natured intent to keep a kid from making a bad life decision. Similar to when an older adult might see a kid wanting to try drugs, drink and drive, vandalize property, drop out of school, or shoplift. Granted there is a level of frustration in seeing someone who is well warned continue to engage in behavior which will hurt him — hence the apparent sarcasm.

You also have to remember that new joiners (as well as those extending on POS18) are being used and manipulated as pawns — useful idiots as it were — to denigrate working conditions, pay, and opportunities for everyone else in the workforce. Their ignorance and selfishness has a tangible impact on everyone else working here. Even if their personal intent was to do a couple of years and then bugger off, their actions have hurt others who might be mid career with a great deal of seniority in a seniority based business. As such, I believe a level of scolding is in order.

Last edited by Slasher1; 24th Jul 2019 at 15:49.