PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL Decision
Thread: PPL Decision
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2003, 13:13
FairPayer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PPL Decision

I'm toying with the idea of getting a PPL as I've always been interested in flying and living in Bangkok would allow me to get my licence at the Thai Flying Club www.thaiflyingclub.com for around $5,000.

Before I commit to it I would really like to understand what the likely costs of this hobby would be going forward if I were to spend a day flying every second weekend and on occasion the odd longer 2-3 day trip up country e.g. Chang Mai which is circa 700k from Bangkok.

I don't want to do the PPL and then not keep up with it because the capital cost of an aircraft (or share in an aircraft) and operating costs are too high.

Also, I wear glasses for driving and have had hypertension (high blood pressure) for a number of years which is well managed via a daily dose of Tenoretic. At 35 neither of these conditions prevent me from playing squash, golf or any other physically demanding activities (golf isn't that demanding unless its 35C in the shade!!). Could they prevent me from getting a PPL?

Would appreciate any and all feedback good, bad or indifferent.