PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA rules - definitive answer?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2019, 15:57
custardpsc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by this is my username
I did exactly what Genghis outlines above. Don't forget you will need the required night experience if you don't already have it. I broke down all my flight time on a spreadsheet and colour-coded all of the flights which contributed towards a particular requirement (cross-country, solo etc).

The real trick is to find a school which will support you doing it that way. Sadly the school I used a few years ago no longer exists.

Don't underestimate the importance of the oral exam - a number of people where I was never in got as far as the "airplane" on he check ride as they failed the oral.
And make sure you have the dual night experience.cross country etc. Solo doesn't count as dual...

the real trick is to find a DPE that you can talk to prior to the checkride - hand over a copy of that spreadsheet and ask if they need any of the places /flights printed out as a map to verify the distances.

You also don't need the instructors endorsement for the check ride if you have the equivant grade of foreign licence.