PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ozzies can’t fly when it’s windy?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2019, 12:55
ManaAdaSystem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry guys, I didn’t mean to start a discussion and then just leave the building.
Thanks to the gentleman who pointed out I’m not a native English speaker. I’m not, but clearly I’m not the only one with language issues.
On the day SYD could have been ops normal until midday or so. The airport is apparently managed poorly both inside and out. Immigration thinks there are only two nationalities in the world. Ozzies and Kiwis. I arrived with a nice express lane card in my hands. Picked the correct lane, or so I thought. The signs said Ozzies/Kiwis. A gentleman with a name that started with AL and who looked and spoke very much like somebody from the ME, pointed me to the other lane. The other lane was for Ozzies and Kiwis. All the lanes were for Ozzies and Kiwis.
Two lanes open. One manned by an angry gentleman who spent more time yelling «TURN OFF YOU PHONES», «CAN’T YOU READ THE SIGNS» than looking at passports. I took two steps to the right into a lane with a normal person behind the counter. Made it through without any problems, just a minor case of PTSD. Cured by lots of Scooners.
Love Barramundi, but it took a few tries.

Having a blast in Ozzieland!