PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best Airshow act 2003
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2003, 07:28
fernytickles

Life's too short for ironing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This isn't so much the best displays, just the best memories I have from this summer...

Mikael Karlsson and his Bleriot taking off over our heads (at least, ooohhh, 30' agl) at Sun & Fun
Watching Mikael Karlsson demonstrating the rotary engine on the Bleriot - first time I've ever seen one in action
Fat Albert taking off at Dayton - it was just so bizarre (and impressive), it made me laugh
Snowbirds at Dayton
Standing on the ramp at the north end of Wittman Field, Oshkosh, as the AN124 landed on Rwy36 - we felt awfully small and hoped his brakes would work...
Boeing 307 Stratoliner - gorjus, inside and out
Watching the Hughes Racer and also the Polikarpov at Oshkosh
Listening to Jim & Steve Hay talk about the engine they have built for the Wright Flyer, and watching their demonstrations of other engines they have
Getting a ride in a 100 year old Ford car, owned by the same Canadian family since it was built, touring with the Countdown to Kittyhawk exhibition as part of the 100th anniversary celebrations
Watching the National Air Tour aircraft arrive and depart at Wausau, WI - fantastic, what beautiful aeroplanes
Visiting Old Rhinebeck and enjoying the Saturday show on the last weekend of the season - castor oil everywhere...

What can I say - I missed all the flying at home, but gollygumdrops, I have had fun...

And what I hope for next summer echoes Zlin 526's words - no accidents

I almost forgot, another two to add ..

The night time display by the glider at Sun & Fun - I'm afraid I don't know the pilot's name - great show tho'
Bobby Younkin displaying his immaculate Twin Beech at Oshkosh

Last edited by fernytickles; 4th Nov 2003 at 08:14.