PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Payrise
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2019, 14:49
SOPS
short flights long nights

Received 154 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by K1000
I agree with you.

Times have change and being a pilot is not what it used to be years ago. Many years ago landing a Job at a decent airline was hard, nowadays there are plenty of options but quantity doesn't necessarily mean quality. Pilots are stuck in the old mentalities where we want to work less for more, sorry gentleman but that is over. If being a pilot and the salaries you are getting aren't enough nowadays then I guess is time to look for a career change. Even if pilots would be put to work less they would still complaint. I am not in favor of any company I am just realistic on what the market is and what it has to offer and unless you can work in legacy airlines with good benefits which by the way they are very few of those, we are stuck with what we have because.

Everywhere you want to fly you are expected to be productive, that is the new TERM. Theres no perfect job and there will never be one specially nowadays.

And the above comment is why the entire industry is on a race to the bottom... “ it’s not going to get better, just accept it’s going to get worse, shut up and get on with it’ .. while those at the top get more and more. Is the CEO of Qantas really worth 23 mill a year? IMHO.. he’s not.

And those at the top in EK continue taking untold riches while constantly eroding the conditions for those at the coal face. While all the new young pilots say.. it’s ok, the jets are big and shiny and the girls are cute. 😤😤