PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Pilot Falling Standards
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2003, 07:01
ali250

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the point is being missed here! Student’s become the product of their school.

I agree whole-heartedly the lazier the instructor etc. etc. However, the school has a lot to do with making sure standards are kept up, for example progress checks and instructor meetings. Half a Pilot states that new pilots cannot be as good as more experienced pilots. I beg to differ there, the standards I’ve seen from new instructors has been very high, they are consciences and tend not to forget things. After all it is not just about doing fabulous engine offs especially if the student can’t do a lookout turn before departing into the circuit!

Camp Freddie you seem to forget, the school only gets paid by the hour from the customer! The school doesn’t get paid for the briefing rooms or the hangarage or the rates or the heating bill or the tea bill or the advertising bill etc. etc. it all has to come out of the hourly rate charged for the machine. Surely the same applies to the instructors that they give the whole lesson, which includes briefing, and in most cases more importantly, the debriefing and instructor notes! I think this is known as professionalism.