PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Disruptive Passenger
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2019, 09:44
Bend alot

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Lookleft
If the travelling public think that customer service is something the airlines are interested in beyond lip service then they are setting themselves up for constant disappointment. I can't comment on the training that a full service airline provide to their cabin crew but in the LLC that I fly for new CC get three weeks of fire hose training for the regulatory part and 2 days for the onboard customer service part. Just like ATMs, self-service checkouts and fill your own tank service stations businesses are not interested in providing outstanding customer service. They are happy to take your money and will provide what you have paid for. With an airline you pay for a seat on an aircraft that will take you from your departure point to your arrival point. If you want outstanding customer service then be nice to those you expect to serve you food and drink. Its just common decency and respect for others. If you go in there demanding outstanding service then don't be surprised at the resultant attitude. There have been quite a few instances where the aircraft have crashed but the passengers have survived. That is when the training and the safety role of the cabin crew comes to the fore. In that instance they require and expect you to follow their commands and they won't be gentle about it.
Well it is strange that First Class and Business even have a market in this World - should have been scraped years ago in favour of Premium Economy or less even Sub like the Titanic.

Most profitable airlines are fools for still keeping other than the LCC model as - no profit in good CC service as the market indicates.

I do not know why they consistently put many CC looking after such classes and only a few CC to look after the masses SLF if safety is the real factor.

If safety is the reality then so would be proportions to areas and levels per pax number - it is visible I get more safety (numbers per CC) when I travel more than economy.
Also clear I get better cabin service due the CC per person when in Biz travel.