PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Colerne Airfield
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2019, 09:27
COYB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Colerne Airfield

Dear all,

Does anyone know what the situation and the long term plan at Colerne Airfield is?

Originally the airfield was planned for closure in 2018, then I read back in March this year that Colerne been given reprieve until at least 2025, great, but I'm under the impression that BUAS (Bristol University Air Squadron) have relocated to Boscombe Down, which begs the question what now for the airfield?

The local residents, according to the parish council minutes, are keen to see light aviation continue on the site, I can't see more than limited house building on the site due to the current road links to the village, unless they build a new access road from the A4 up the hill...

Such a lovely airfield, what a great opportunity for a GA to flourish in an area poorly served by airfields, that I mean the Bristol / Bath bailiwick. You have Bristol International airport, hats off for the two flying schools that continue to operate from there, a long drive to Gloucester or Kemble or a handful of farm strips.