PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 21st Jul 2019, 21:34
OldnGrounded

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Smythe
I tell you what, this whole MCAS and other changes, have thrown the coding for quite the adventure...the cascading changes are unpredictable given the legacy programming involved . . . in debugging, many more legacy errors have cropped up . . .
Yup. Just the ones we've heard about or heard hints about are sufficient to suggest that having had to go back to, effectively, main() (or Ada equivalent, or whatever) and the nonlocal inclusions has turned up a bunch of stuff that no one has really examined carefully for too long.

. . . this has profound changes in the FMS programming, tracing back to the legacy V1.0...how this reacts with current programming, and current coded procedures....****.
I fear there will be unpredictable results when certain combinations of conditions occur . . .
Everyone working on the problem must be terrified, every hour of every day.

AC need a new FMS, fk v14 or whatever, just cert an FMS with todays tech, not 1978 and a 486 processor . . .
I'm sure you know, but for the sake of those who may not, the Intel 80486 was introduced in 1989.