PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Disruptive Jet2 passenger getting a big bill
Old 21st Jul 2019, 10:59
milhouse999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From the original news article 'It was previously revealed she had been banned from the roads for 28 months for drink-driving just two weeks before the incident.' - what a pillar of society.

This brings to the surface the age old argument of whether you should have any alcohol or drugs in your system as a passenger on an aircraft. The state of some people on board these holiday flights, in an emergency they are going to be a massive hinderance to those of us who are sober and want to get off. Maybe it's time the same rules that apply to driving are applied to being a passenger on board. How is someone who is drunk co-ordinate themselves to a safe evacuation?

I like the Jet2 no nonsense approach. I once boarded an early morning flight on Easyjet, two chaps who boarded last sat in row 1 in front of us were inebriated as they got on, shouting, swearing 'lets get on it' and the like. Tracksuit clad oiks. Crew and other passengers looked uncomfortable. I had a quiet word with the cabin manager explaining my concern that these two are not suitable to be flying. He said he would 'refuse to serve them any more' once we were in the air and that they were 'just a bit boistrous'. Unacceptable. Once the drinks service commenced and we were airbourne, the crew had to spend the flight trying to appease them and stop it all 'kicking off' becuase they weren't allowed another five vodkas. Offload them on the ground.