PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Disruptive Passenger
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2019, 04:53
Manwell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 73qanda
Sounds like you’ve got sensitive egos. The decision was made to prepare the cabin and what......you thought you were so important that you’d question it.......in flight.....to someone who is just trying to do their job....? They’re probably tired and busy and have lots of other people to check.

Thats even funnier cause I used to work in the cabin
qanda, it's apparent from your response that you did work in the cabin, and still share the contempt they have nowadays for the people who pay their wages. Hosties used to treat pax with respect, and weren't such little drama queens. Now, they have been indoctrinated with the belief that their job is to ensure pax safety, when that couldn't be further from the truth. Their job is to help make customers comfortable and enjoy the service they're paying for, it's the pilots' job to ensure safety by avoiding crashes.

Somehow, they got it into their tiny minds that pax are their slaves, because they're responsible for their safety, and what they want is secondary to their comfort. Yes, I thought I was so important, being a paying customer whose patronage ensures they remain employed, that I dared to question them about why they needed to disrupt pax so early prior to landing. The requirement to stow tray tables and have seat backs upright is based on the flawed assumption that people won't be able to exit their seats in an emergency, and that would only be useful in an emergency. Even having seat belts fastened is unnecessary if the pilots don't crash, so I was interested to see if the CC actually knew why they did things, or whether they've simply been indoctrinated without any rational basis for their actions. Years ago, when a plane landed safely, they used to say "Once again, skill and science has triumphed over ignorance and superstition". This behaviour indicates a regression back to superstition and ignorance, and that has a long term corrosive effect on society in general. In simple terms, any society or business founded on flawed thinking can't last, so you could say I was doing my bit to correct their thinking, and thereby ensure their long term safety. Unfortunately, the small-minded wouldn't see it that way, and usually have to learn the hard way, through bitter experience.

BTW, the God up front would only be courting conflict with the drama queens in cabin if they dared to observe the way their pax were being treated, so it's logical they'd avoid it like the plague. If you can fly like an eagle, why would you willingly choose to associate with turkeys?