PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A321neo Pitch Warning
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2019, 19:28
capngrog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Longtimer
Thanks for posting that, but your "goto" doesn't tell us anything new; as a matter of fact, it is word-for-word the same as the article posted by the Original Poster, Longtimer.

"halfofrho" elaborates somewhat in his Post #5; however, some of the acronyms he's cited, such as "ZFW/TO/LDG" are not meaningful to me. To my old, "back in the day" understanding, "TO" was short for TakeOff, and LDG was short for LanDinG. I'm embarrassed to admit that I have never encountered the acronym, "ZFW", and the only meaning I've found for it on the ol' interweb was "Zero Fuel Weight". I'm sure that's incorrect, since one would not sustain powered flight for very long at "Zero Fuel Weight". I'd appreciate some help on the meaning of these acronyms since I need all the help I can get ... in most circumstances.

In his Post #11, Station Zero seems to imply that the alleged (by EASA) pitch up problems of the A321neo are due to a software glitch, not to an aerodynamic problem. Has that been confirmed by EASA/Airbus?

Cheers,
Grog