PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Disruptive Passenger
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2019, 08:53
Manwell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Elementary, my dear Duck.

Originally Posted by Duck Pilot
I did say something to the Cabin Crew Morno without making an issue of it.

I’m no expert on human behaviour, however the behaviour was nothing I have ever seen anywhere let alone on an aeroplane. Having said that I was confident that she would have been able to be controlled should things have gotten out of hand considering the other passengers seated near her.

Just for the fun of it dear Duck, let's construct a Hypothetical. From your comments lets accept there was something actually wrong with this person, and she wasn't drunk. What could it be that would prevent cabin crew from kicking her off at the earliest opportunity, or at least giving her a hard talking to? I once questioned why we had to fold tray tables and sit upright in the wee hours of the morning just after TOPD, and was treated like an animal in cattle class, so it does seem odd that her behaviour and your comments weren't taken seriously. That suggests; one, that this person was mentally disturbed, and two, that a possible cause was ice. Another could be psychiatric drugs, some of which have the odd side-effect of causing the problem they're designed to alleviate. There are others, but they're really getting into Twilight Zone territory. Why she said the things she said suggests a form of radicalization has taken place, brainwashing in simple terms. And why the airline didn't kick her off the flight suggests either the CC were too timid that day, they had been warned not to be too reactionary with pax like her, or they actually wanted her to make the news. Any air time can be spun to suit the airline by good PR staff, and I'd guess this particular airline has good PR staff. Yes, I have completed a course in deduction after watching many episodes of The Mentalist. Don't alert the authorities either because they have a track record of ignoring disturbed individuals too.