PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cold temp baroVNAV - EASA language
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2019, 05:20
FlightDetent

Only half a speed-brake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smythe, thank you for your opinion.

Kindly note that my quest is for arguments on how to interpret the "B". Such as: The term "compensation " as used in "B" means any form of temperature correction on the flight deck, semi-automated or manual, irrespective of the particular instrument system installed, because .... ".

It is the part after the because I have trouble formulating. Writing on an approach plate is not admissible evidence, I am afraid, for the intended use.

The opposing opinion to be dissolved goes like this: Based on PANS-OPS and CAT.OP.MPA.145(a) when temperatures are below ISA-15, a correction to charted minimum altitudes needs to be done, DA/H included. The "B" of AMC2 is nested within (d)(2) BaroVNAV - Temperature compensation. The term "Temperature Compensation" stands for a technical feature of FMC / instrument suite, thus this "B" does not release the responsibility of making manual temp corrections from operators not equipped with such semi-automated device. An example why "Temperature Compensation" must mean an FMC device is easily found on almost any approach chart in the form of notes such as: 1) Uncompensated BARO VNAV NA below XX°C, for which the meaning is well understood without dispute.

I greatly welcome any ideas. To re-iterate, the help needed is on how to argue that "Compensation" is a just general term, in (2)(d) and its "B" included.