PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iran
Thread: Iran
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2019, 22:11
racedo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SASless
Racedo,

I would much rather hear a reasoned response from you offering your opinion about the actual situation at hand.

We get it....you do not like Bolton, Pompeo, Trump, or apparently anything American....but that is irrelevant to the matter at hand and gratuitous slanging does not add too the discussion.

Stick to the facts and issues if you will.

Do tell us how you think the UK and by default NATO and other non-NATO nations should react to the latest event(s) by the Iranians.?

There can be no doubt the Iranians are involved....no matter how you wish otherwise.

If you wish to be seen as credible....you must stick to the issues and at some point take a position beyond banging your favorite drum.

So tell us....what is your analysis and expectations for the UK Government over the next few days....weeks...and couple of months?
Au contraire......... I do like Trump a lot, he was the President I believed the US needed, not the one the media would have wanted but that is a different story.

Best reaction is not to over react. Iranians reacting to UK taking their tanker, Uk wants to hold it another month, Iranian decided to play a tit for tat game.

SFA to do with NATO but we will see them running in as soon as possible.

Bolton will already be wanting Special forces to go in and kill lots of people and get the tanker back, cooler heads will prevail and it will eventually be released as part of a choreographed action.

Article by Peggy Noonan is one to read and maybe for US to follow.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/america...ct-11563490667