PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cold temp baroVNAV - EASA language
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2019, 11:35
oggers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FlightDetent
2) in the case of AMC2 SPO.OP.116 (B) if we believed it applied solely to operations with the FMS compensation function, then (above the procedures' cold limit)
- (i) pilots with such feature are instructed not to correct the angle (FAF) nor decision minima (DA/H)
while pilots without such equipment, at the absence of EASA guidance but still pursuant to PANS-OPS, would need to
- (ii) not correct the angle (protected) but at the same time increase the minima by making a manual correction.

Clearly, 2 (i) and (ii) above would result in opposing guidance for the same approach under identical outside conditions. Hence the argument stands that the premise of 2) is false, and so AMC2 SPO.OP.116 (B) should be interpreted as being applicable to any form of temperature compensation, in a broader sense.
Yes. When I read the 116.d.2.i from the top it says it applies to "baro VNAV" as opposed to compensated systems in particular. In para B there is no mention of compensated systems, hence I consider B as 'applicable to baro VNAV with or without automatic temperature compensation', as in: 'do not temperature correct FAF or DA in either case'.