PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Like or dislike the B777 ?!
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2003, 03:31
Waldo Pepper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hehe...wondered when I would hear that one about the 737 fitting into the engine of the 777 again...it doesn't, of course, but the GE90 makes a good attempt at swallowing it...I think maybe 10 feet or so fits...Boeing have a CGI model somewhere of it...as for the tailplane, it's impressive but certainly not the size of a 737 wing.
When I was converting from the 737 to the 777 I'd heard that the windscreen wipers on the 777 were bleed air blown over the windshield. I almost believed it. Alas, untrue.
Still, it's a fantastically capable aeroplane. For some reason the CC aren't keen on working on it(something to do with the way the fbw software kicks it into turns, and the fact that the a/c rolls about a longitudinal axis which is below the cabin floor), but from the pilot's perspective it's fine. It has full cat3b no decision height autoland..on one engine. So tell me, how come the coffee cup holders are so useless? At height, it's a little speed unstable, and prone to rattle around a bit as it bounces off the high speed buffet..and theose holders just aren't cutting it, I'm afraid...