PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oh no, its "Practice pan, Practice pan" time again!!
Old 22nd Apr 2001, 18:34
Scando

Hug,

Your opening statement is quite correct.

Now, when you say: "All the evidence is that allowing Practice Pan calls on 121.5 aids in safety, rather than endangering it", I trust you have some documentation to back this up.

As for: "The only opposition to "Practice Pan" calls that I have seen on this thread comes from pilots who listen out and don't like hearing these calls." I think you should reread the whole tread. It's about safety, it's about SOP, it's about keeping the frequency open for genuine users as it's done in most other countries. It's not about hating students, stuttering, or feeling superior (well, except for one who keep pointing out the fact that Britain Rules The World, aviationwise).

You are, or have been an instructor? You are correct in assuming I'm not. You are in possesion of knowledge I do not have, I grant you that much. In fact, you have now convinced me British students will rather crash and burn, than dial 121.5, ask for a fix and vectors for the nearest airfield. They need to be trained in this very complicated procedure.

Thank you!

Scando