PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Short Haul 2019 EA Negotiations (EA 8)
Old 18th Jul 2019, 03:21
FightDeck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Something worth considering.
A crew member recently made me aware that the 787 gets full night credits of 33.3% on 2 pilot operations,
and only slightly less at 25% night credits on 3 pilot operations. The original AIPA projections showed a lot of Asia flying like HKG and HND etc. AIPA EA negotiator at the time suggested the 787 would most likely take a lot of A330 Asia flying long term.

Would seem the company may wish to push a lot of back of the clock Asia flying to SH without protections.
Lots of 6 day patterns back of the clock flying.
I had heard rumoured double night sectors on either 738s or the A321XLR if they order them.
With a 4700nm range that’s easily a Tokyo or Bangkok range.
More likely to be thinner routes like India or Indonesia But that might only be initially.

A lot lot more concrete information needs to be provided. Seems yet another EA has all this secret info like the last EA.
Forgive me but I’m more than sceptical. Especially given the last President selling the EA is just by coincidence negotiating on behalf of Qantas.
To back up the need for a professional negotiator at AIPA assisting, Qantas have a large negotiating and legal team at Freehills advising their team.
Pilots can by all means be the main ones driving a deal however they are not expert professionals. Why DIY when you can have professional assistance just as Qantas do.
As Shakespeare wisely said, They doth protest too much methinks. In AIPAs EA and Execs case it seems relevant.