PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2019, 20:38
tf412

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mohammad Khan
I've got another question, though. Is it possible that NATS could say I have to move from one tower to another, e.g. from Stansted to somewhere up North, or from one area/centre to another? Just a bit stressed about the whole location thing, as I'm planning to start a family some day, and if I have to move around a lot, it might get stressful.
It's a "mobile grade" job, so yes, I believe it's theoretically possible. However, as far as I understand it, it's highly unlikely, as it would mean you being non-operational for several months while you are re-trained at the new unit, costing the company a huge amount of money. So generally, once you're posted to a unit, that's where you stay.

Regarding your tips, yeah I'd say I do have quite an interest in planes, so that should help. Also, would you happen to know anything about what goes on in the group exercise and what kinds of questions they ask in the formal interview?
Those who have been through the selection process aren't allowed to share details of the process. However, if the current process is anything like the last one you will be given some tips at least, so you won't be completely in the dark (e.g. HR advised us that we should expect competency-based questions and so on).