PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2019, 16:32
dirk85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Almag
Interesting statement LHS320, as they haven't been able to properly crew this base since it was first announced, well before the Brexit vote. Even then the Brits and other nationalities didn't seem to be interested. I wonder what is going to happen with all the Brits stationed in mainland Europe and all the other European nationalities remaining in the UK in case of a no-deal Brexit.

From the information I managed to gather it looks like the main reason is the very high taxation and Net salary after Tax, as the salary before tax is not that bad. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Any information from OPO and LIS based Captains is highly appreciated, as I'm enthusiastic about living in Porto but I need more information regarding the approximate salary after Tax. Is 7500 EURO a/month after Tax and Social Contributions achievable for a married Captain, with 2 school going children?

Regards.
Maybe not on the first year, but from the 2nd year, with the loyalty bonus kicking in you are not far from that money with a family, with the on target company performance bonus. Definitely after 5 years, with the second step of the loyalty bonus you should be there.
You get 14 salaries per year, but over 12 the numbers quoted are roughly correct.
I am not based there, but that’s what I heard from collegues.