PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air New Zealand Recruitment - Latest
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2019, 13:39
SmallGlassofPort

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You two! I was enjoying this thread until your disagreement. Now the popcorn is stale and the salt has hardened my arteries. Are you sure you are not married?
For the record, I don’t work for/nor plan to work for AirNZ or affiliates. I have however previously worked with a number of people that have gone there. They are fine pilots and deserve the role. May I suggest it’s the employing companies train set? They set the sim/interview reqts to suit well umm what they want. Any experienced checker/tester/instructor can tell a persons abilities fairly quickly. It’s not just about how quickly you adapt and pole any aircraft, it’s about decisions also. The ability to detect when arriving at overload and shedding (think aviate, navigate, communicate - then expand on stuff like human factors) what is least important is an important ability for any pilot.
Whether you like it or not, this is their process. It seems reasonable. Maybe they want to see people answering ‘standby, in the middle of an intercept’. That would be what I want to hear. Commanders. What is read online is always an assistance, but a good aviator should naturally have this function built in. Those that don’t - well they are simply human and not as compatible for the role as others..
Cheers!��