PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southend-2
Thread: Southend-2
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2019, 10:17
AirportPlanner1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SWBKCB
Does anybody have a feel for by how much? I would have thought not much, and the figures quoted above for the new SEN routes are significantly below the average system wide load factors regularly published by Ryanair
Based on the few occasions I’ve been able to see the agent’s figures whilst boarding, its consistently been 10-15 people that haven’t checked in. So a fair few.

The figures broadly reflect my prediction of some time ago...I suggested the DUB route for example may struggle to fill the early outbound and late return based on previous experience of EZY with their BFS/EDI routes. That seems to be borne out here. Similarly CPH is low-ish overall and that too has late returns back into SEN. This happened with EZY when they moved the Berlin flight from daytime to late - factually loads fell and anecdotally the outbound was popular and the inbound less so. In fact the next few departures for CPH show sold out, but inbounds are available. I’m not sure why Bilbao is so low.

The anomaly is Cluj and Kosice which do well despite early departures, but another lesson from history shows EZY had very high loads with their early departure to Krakow. Routes that particularly cater to migrants don’t seem to depend on public transport access.

Hopefully new late trains will help alleviate these issues going forward.