PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2019, 12:01
Matt101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So believe I have gotten through all of the posts. From when it was brilliant, then to awful to the standard “it is what it is” atmosphere you seem to have now. I’m still interested despite the rose tinted glasses being knocked off somewhat.

I’m at the ME airline that cannot be named. We can’t even log into PPrune without a you know what running these days. The other pilots are mostly great, the trainers on my fleet are great and it is a generally EASA compliant airline making it run with a certain amount of sense. Good friends, good lifestyle to a degree. But friends are leaving cost of living is increasing and tbh the shine is wearing off the brand new Airbus.

Also the atmosphere sucks and the recent pilot reductions, both those that followed LIFO and the slightly more dubiously titled pilot productivity reductions, have left a bitter taste. But who’s airline isn’t run by idiots these days.

My main interest in AJX comes from the straight time at home, I have an ailing father and the 1 or 2 visits a year need to increase really. Plus at this gig I pay for each flight home save for 1. The idea of 12 blocks of time at home each year really appeals. Especially the J class in and out,

I was a cadet at said airline too so I currently only have a UAE GCAA ATPL (it is ICAO) though I am currently converting to EASA (if you think the JCAB course is long, the process of getting my conversion is both long and costly despite the FTO in the UAE being EASA (previously JAA) approved. But I digress.

I’m 34, single, 5000TT (all but 250 obviously on jets) Current type A380 previously 320(family) 332/3/F & 340. So I meet the requirements both in terms of time and no real object to commute. I’m from the UK but house is near Barcelona,

1. Am I completely mad?

2. I see some other guys have come from the Sandpit and would love their honest opinions given their experience.

3. I’m not personally fussed about the 78 but do you think it’s introduction will eventually lead to roster improvements as the PAX cargo opps essentially split again?

4. See 1.