PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best way to become a commercial pilot?
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2019, 10:15
RedDragonFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pjharb
Wow.. 6 years later! If any of you are still on pprune, thank you for your advice. I ended up completing my degree and working in software for the last 5 years! I tried for the BA Future Pilot Programme 2 years after posting this, back in 2015, but was not successful. I tried for AerLingus' program in 2016 but again was not successful. I pretty much gave up after that... until now. I'm just not happy working in an office, or anywhere other than an aircraft cockpit. Yesterday I applied to AerLingus' programme 3 years after the first time. Hopefully I'll make it to the assessment days again, and this time succeed. I'm 26 in 4 days, so it feels like I'm very close to being too old to make my dream come true. I have to try though, because I fear nothing else will ever make me happy.

I've just posted another thread asking for USA-based EASA PPL advice. If I don't succeed with AerLingus this summer, which is highly likely, then I'm planning to go for my PPL head on, and just go down the modular route, even if it means I reach frozen ATPL status at age 30....
Good luck to you.

You certainly aren't the only one. I'm older than you and am only just starting my PPL. Hopefully, I'll be finished by the time I am 31.

Like you, I worked out of university and saved as much as I could. I hope it has built character! :P