PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Timely Go-Arounds
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2019, 02:09
Poto

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by novice110
Thanks galdian, one would hope that the PIC authority would kick in - why it would need to kick in is another matter.

The premise that the PIC must go around because another crew member says so, can be dangerous.
Equally, if the PIC doesn't go around because another crew member says so can be dangerous.

This is why the regulations have one PIC and that person alone is ultimately responsible.
Don’t worry you get your ‘One Man PIC decision maker show us How wonderful you are’ between TOGA & V1. Off a normal Approach, from a standard brief and turning up with ‘Normal’ Fuel. You do not have any good reason to ignore another crew member or ATC or the aeroplane telling you to go around. Time for reflection for that call and why It Has happened is above MSA. CAVOK OR LVO. I have taken over from 2 Capt in the last 20years Both would have killed us all. Albiet never during approach or go around. I have also never had anyone, ever, NOT go around when I said it, ATC said it or if the Aeroplane Said it. I have also never been questioned below MSA Why I said it.
Same has gone for when I have had to execute a go around as FO Or Cpt

Last edited by Poto; 16th Jul 2019 at 02:21.