PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Timely Go-Arounds
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2019, 08:23
galdian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well - if someone tells me to do something without telling me why maybe confusing's the wrong word - but certainly doesn't provide enough info to improve my big picture, situational awareness and understanding.

If you're at a safe height why NOT ask a question or two to understand WHY the call's been made? You can still do the go around, you're not saying "no'.
You're saying all go around calls are always time critical, I disagree.

Fair point about briefing what's obvious to me re gusty aproaches but maybe not obvious to others.

You have chosen to ignore the point I make about the reluctance for F/O's to physically take over even after I clarified the aircraft was ALREADY in a dangerous scenario, sort out that little part of the puzzle and you WILL stop aircraft accidents.

Finally at what stage did I ever say I wouldn't do the go around?

It may be "the law" in most if not all manuals, doesn't mean that the paramaters and criteria couldn't be better defined and I just can't see how the mantra of making one call completely eliminates ANY input from experience and judgement and (the lost arts of) big picture and situational awarness.

Cheers.