PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Timely Go-Arounds
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2019, 07:45
galdian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you've misread and misunderstood my intent, I just don't think that a go around call AT ANY TIME needs to be blindly followed, that there are a bunch of factors that MAY come into play due different situations/circumstances.

One thing I WILL reiterate, in many cultures there will be a reluctance for F/O's to physically take over even if stated in manuals so why not ram it down their throat that they'll be going to jail if they DON'T physically take over or something similar??
The example I was getting at was if the captains hot and high ie the aircraft is ALREADY in a dangerous scenario and will CONTINUE to be hot and high in many cultures the F/O's will still not physically take over.
Maybe addressing that aspect a worthy consideration as well, any number of accidents THAT would have prevented.

I just don't think you can continue to keep dumbing down things in aviation and trying to make a "one size fits all" scenario, we deal in a dynamic and ever changing environment and less pilots coming through these days are encouraged to realise or understand this.
Just IMHO of course.