PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 15th Jul 2019, 07:06
BDAttitude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I would be astonished, disappointed and angry if the mechanical trim forces problem would not be fixed.
This might have been borderline in the 60ies but it is not something acceptable worsened by wheel and sabilizer size 2010ish, even if grandfathered. Can anyone see an all female cockpit crew beeing prohibited? Is it acceptable to have two pilots having to crank that wheel at the same time while having to manage an emergency situation? Pilots having to prove their ability to trim manually each 6/12/24 months? This is ridiculous.
The "rollercoaster" procedure is also not acceptable today which has been admitted by themselfes by removal from the manuals.

I guess, the climax is approaching with BA having to shut down the assembly line. Whether the root cause is parking space or the negative cash flow - I don't believe they can keep this up until October leave alone 2020.

In my industry something like the latest FCC problems would take at least 8 months if it is a task scheduling fix, 1 1/2 years plus if a new hardware step is required. I would expect that taking significantly longer going from automotive to aeronautical. You can also interpolate from the MCAS fix. This was high level software only. Messing around with task scheduling and you are on a completly different boat, also with testing and validation.