PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Janes:- USFK confirms North Korea’s Hwaseong-15 ICBM can target all of US mainland
Old 13th Jul 2019, 08:43
Just This Once...

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by SASless
So...Trump has been in Office coming on three years....and you are trying to suggest the North Korean Missile program's successes are Trump's fault?

Now that is just plain stupid!
It was you who mentioned Trump, not I and being British I have no stake in the US political tribes or their fan-base.

But if you must, the man you speak of insisted that the other party had let NK get too far and that he would stop any further development. In this he failed and the 'fire and fury' he promoted only seemed to rattle the sane world leaders.

North Korea just stated that it is in the final stages of developing a nuclear weapon capable of reaching parts of the U.S. It won't happen!
...well, apparently it did.

North Korea fired off some small weapons, which disturbed some of my people, and others, but not me. I have confidence that Chairman Kim will keep his promise to me.
...said the spokesman of North Korea?

Nobody can really support Trump's position as he has held 2 conflicting ones. Some have chosen to pick one and ignore the other. Meanwhile the number of countries with thermonuclear ICBMs has increased by 1.

​​​​​​​Worryingly the number of destabilised and erratic closed-country regimes with ICBMs has gone from zero to 1. Militarily this is a big deal. The likelihood of Soviet Russia firing a salvo at continental USA was vanishingly small but the consequences were so great that it had to be considered. North Korea does not have the relative stability achieved and demonstrated by the USSR during the Cold War.