PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Korean Air defends pilot who tried to drink alcohol during flight
Old 13th Jul 2019, 05:56
bill fly

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Longtimer
Business Class passenger (full fare) and a working member of various IATA working groups. And what was yours in the 70s. Or perhaps you were still in school? You will note that I said I saw meal trays bearing wine going into the cockpit but since I was not in the cockpit perhaps they were not consumed and instead saved. The ones in the staff cafeteria were def. consumed.
Jumping to conclusions isn’t a good idea on this forum... In 72 I joined SR. The rules were that the only place one could drink in uniform - after flight nota bene - was in the Staff restaurant or in the Crew House - SR‘s own crew hotel in GVA.

I never saw alcohol consumed either before flight or in a cockpit, short or long haul. There was an eight hour bottle to throttle rule, which might be a bit lenient these days - was the same as in the RAF.

Went to some IATA meetings in GVA by the way to observe freight prices being fixed. Could it have been with you?