PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas Cook-Beware
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2019, 02:19
Superpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spent several wonderful years at TCX and constantly thinking about my former colleagues, but it's time to be honest about why it's not a viable choice for buyout. It's not just the current climate which abates other airline interest. It's more fundamental than that.

Being tied to the group to service holiday packages means the airline was never really free to seek out new ideas. Unfortunately, too late for that. Even if the group sells the airline and the airline becomes part of something new. What new thing is the airline ready to try in an already overcrowded market? It's a risky business with Jet2 making inroads on a daily basis.

The idea that the airline will continued to be used by the tour operator is also difficult to swallow. After any split, I can just see TC increasingly buying the vast majority of seats from the bin of the aviation industry (the Eastern European charter airline network) at probably half the cost.

There is nothing that I can see TCX or Condor can do to pivot their business right now.

Last edited by Superpilot; 13th Jul 2019 at 09:16.