PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas Cook-Beware
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2019, 18:08
Joe le Taxi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
. The debt will be written off by the bond holders
Sorry, but conspicuously, the RNS did NOT say the bond holders have agreed to this ("core" banks apparently are on board, and of course Fosun are, which makes this all look like very wishful thinking on Fosuns part). I see no indication that bond holders will accept any less than face value repayment, and given that they are one of the first in line to be paid through flogging assets in a liquidation, I'm afraid I give this Fosun plan less than a 50% chance of working. Fosun stand to lose their shirt, just like other shareholders, unless they pay off all debt and make an open offer to remaining shareholders (this being entirely possible, and also possible is that private discussions have brought bond holders on board with Fosuns plan, although if they have already, then I would have thought they would mention it). I also refer you to the statement "injection of £750 million of new money which would provide sufficient liquidity to trade over the Winter" - this is far from being just for investment purposes. But the really ominous thing is that they failed to get a sensible offer for the airline, despite claiming until now that there were multiple offers on the table.

Last edited by Joe le Taxi; 12th Jul 2019 at 20:17.