PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPIS: "Cabin Air Contamination"- Ongoing Health & Safety Issue (merged)
Old 3rd Nov 2003, 19:05
DEAD ZONE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr

Dear Blacksheep

Blacksheep you say that OPs have never been found and you want evidence, Ok here it is...

Ansett found TCP in the ducting, Qantas Southern Australia, Allied Signal found it, BRE and Portland Down found it etc...

If you still think OPs like TOCP, MOCP, DOCP and TMPP are safe to inhale I would be happy to give your name to some scientists who test the consequences of OP exposure on Rats and Hens, as I am sure they would welcome a human input if you are volunteering your kind services for the benefit of the aviation community and we can spare a few rats and hens as well.

Oh! I can already hear you saying it may be the case that OPs were found but the amounts were so small that they could never cause any ill effects, well I hear that a single dose of .01 LD50 of an OP causes massive brain cell death, so repeated exposure to even lower amounts will not be good for you. Also that is .01 LD50 of one compound, imagine a nice cocktail of compounds!

Why do you think Mobil have never done testing that reproduces the exposure scenario, i.e heat the oil, and do inhalation tests? Or maybe they have, but have decided not to share this with us.

You remind me of the cigarette industry doctors saying all was well back in the 60s. I was new to flying then but times change and crews are getting wise and regretably sick as well.

How do you account for the PET and MRI abnormalities seen in crews who have been exposed, lung problems etc.. Just a bad crew meal?

When an independant panel tests Mobil jet oil 2 in the way it is exposing crews and they check for CN and tell me nothing found then IŽll shut up. As that will not happen, I guess I will just keep watching out for your nonsense posts and listening/reading the mis-information you give your crews!

"Only toxic if swallowed!" what a laugh!