PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast City Airport-2
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2019, 20:57
2Para

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by panpanpanpan
I'm a bit confused 2Para, this thread is about Belfast City Airport and therefore topics relevant to said airport are surely in keeping with the relevance of this page?

Maybe I didn't explain my point accurately enough? The article on BelfastLive was about no air traffic controllers available to let the airport operate, there was no mention of delays on the network. The delays were caused by, and originated at, the airport. Its only a short time ago that there was the outcry on the Belfast International's thread about security screwing up the operation of the airport and causing hassles for passengers. Totally relevant to the page IMO as it related directly to the day to day running of the airport.

By the same standard I consider the lack of controllers at harbour also relevant, sorry if that offends you. Its an example of a subcontractor failing to provide the service that they have been contracted to do. I would suggest perhaps similar traits to Belfast International, a subcontractor treating staff like assets rather than people and then wondering why the operation at times fails. But what do I know?

Now lets get back to the really relevant news items like Cinemagic programs and community bribes.
yes i do apologise pan pan, i was assuming you were talking about the LGW air traffic delays, the london area was a shambles last night. Apologies again.