PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best way to become a commercial pilot?
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2019, 18:24
pjharb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Arena_33
It irritates me seeing so many responses like this. If you have this attitude you simply cannot have the drive/passion to want to fly.

"if you still feel the need to fly"- Shut up mate, flying commercially is about fulfilling a boyhood dream and living a less than ordinary life. Money is such a minimal factor within the dream of becoming a professional pilot.

pjharb Good luck to you bro!
You are absolutely right. I can't begin to describe how lost I have felt the last 3 or 4 years working in IT. All I have ever wanted to be is an airline pilot. My parents even tricked me into moving to the UK by taking me to an airport to "see planes" because of how much I loved them. We got on and got off at Heathrow Airport a few hours later and my life was transformed without me seeing it coming. When I landed in 2001, age 8, I spent so much time looking up, waiting for a Concorde to pass.

I think after everything I've been through and the sacrifices my family had to make, it feels like a huge injustice if I don't become a pilot. Cheers to that!